Our parents are an important part of the MVLA community. This page provides information about registration, financial aid, refunds and volunteering. If you have specific questions, please reach your team manager or a board member for help.
Each player is required to register with MVLA before the first game of the season. You will receive an email specific to your player to register for the new season. If you have not received an email with registration instructions, please contact MVLAteams@gmail.com.
MVLA Codes of Conduct for Coaches, Parents and Players
In our efforts to enhance the experience for all members of the MVLA SC community (coaches, players and parents), we believe it is important to have a clear set of expectations and a shared understanding for each of these key members of our community.
To view details of codes of conduct for coaches, players and parents go to our Code of Conduct page.
MVLA Communication Protocol
Communication is pinnacle for a team to run smoothly. Learn about MVLA's Communication Guide and Policies, what is expected from coaches, parents and players in each age group with regards to communications and about our Escalation Process and Kudos Korner by visiting our Communication Protocol page.
MVLA does offer a need based financial aid program. You can read about our program to understand eligibility and process.
There are many ways to get involved including managing teams, joining the board and completing volunteer hours. Volunteering opportunities of all kinds and at different times of the year are available.
Once you have fulfilled 6 hours per player per season of volunteer hours, you may request credit, donation or reimbursement of the $100 volunteer fee. Please complete the Volunteer Reimbursement Request Form below. It also may be used to confirm volunteer hours if you have received financial aid.
For families who have received financial aid, the requirement is 6 hours of volunteer service per player per season. You are required to report your hours before the deadline of December 15, 2018.
Fall 2018 Volunteer Hours Reimbursement Request Deadline is December 15, 2018
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU FILL OUT THE VOLUNTEER REIMBURSEMENT REQUEST FORM
- In order to submit the form, you will need to have satisfied your volunteer service already for the current season.
- Please have the dates, locations and number of hours of service performed when you complete the form as you will need to enter that information for any volunteer activity/role served, other than being a team manager or Board member. Those will be the roles you sign up for on the club website through ivolunteer. To view total hours volunteered, go to ivolunteer and click on "My Commitments" to log in. Use the same email address as when you signed up to volunteer.
- You will need to submit 1 form per player per season if you would like to be credited or reimbursed, donate that fee to MVLA or receive volunteer service credit hours required for financial aid.
- Volunteer hours will be verified by the Club Volunteer Coordinator, then provided to Registration. A Credit for next season's volunteer fee will be included in the player's account unless Donate or Certify (financial aid) is selected on the Reimbursement Request Form. If Reimbursement - Will Not Be Returning Next Season is selected, the fee will be reimbursed by the Treasurer after the end of the season.
- Reimbursement requests for Fall 2018 must be submitted no later than December 15, 2018.
Note: If you have any questions about completing the form, please contact the volunteer coordinator at email@example.com prior to submitting.
Forms cannot be edited once submitted. Forms that are incomplete or do not contain approved volunteer roles will not be processed. Approved volunteer roles are those for which sign-up opportunities are available through ivolunteer, approved team manager roles or other designated club-wide roles.
Report Field/Equipment Issues
Use the Field and Equipment Submission form for reporting field, game equipment and practice equipment issues at MVLA permitted fields.
To find the status or resolution of your reported field and/or equipment issue, see the response sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1meYFT620FnAx9vmMKFNxmxwGTPvsk9scBQCGuJE5uY0/edit?usp=sharing
We understand that a player's circumstances may change before the start of a season. MVLA incurs costs each time a player registers to play soccer. These costs increase over time so refunds will be reduced accordingly. Below is the refund policy for the MVLA registration fee:
- Requests made prior to the first day of team practice: full registration fees minus the non-refundable deposit of $300 is refunded.
- Requests made after the first week of practice: 50% of full registration fees refunded (but no more than the total fees minus the non-refundable deposit of $300).
- Requests made after the start of the 2nd week of practice: No refunds will be granted
Full registration fees is all Club fees + $100 Volunteer fee.
Refund Request Procedures: Email the MVLA Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org. The date of refund request is the date the email is sent.