Our parents are an important part of the MVLA community. This page provides information about registration, financial aid, refunds and volunteering. If you have specific questions, please reach your team manager or a board member for help.
Each player is required to register with MVLA before the first game of the season. You will receive an email specific to your player to register for the new season. If you have not received an email with registration instructions, please contact MVLAteams@gmail.com.
MVLA does offer a need based financial aid program. You can read about our program to understand eligibility and process.
We understand that a player's circumstances may change before the start of a season. MVLA incurs costs each time a player registers to play soccer. These costs increase over time so refunds will be reduced accordingly. Below is the refund policy for the MVLA registration fee:
- Requests made prior to the first day of team practice: 80% of registration refunded
- Requests made after the first week of practice: 50% of registration refunded
- Requests made after the start of the 2nd week of practice: No refunds will be granted
Refund Request Procedures: Email the MVLA Treasurer at email@example.com. The date of refund request is the date the email is sent.
There are many ways to get involved including managing teams, joining the board and completing volunteer hours. Volunteering opportunities of all kinds and at different times of the year are available.
Once you have fulfilled six hours/player of volunteer hours, you may request reimbursement (or make a donation) of the $100 volunteer fee. Please use the Volunteer Reimbursement Request Form to request reimbursement, donate your volunteer fee, or confirm volunteer hours if you have received financial aid.
For families that receive financial aid, the requirement is 6 hours of volunteer service per player per season for whom aid is received. You are required to fill out the form and report your hours before the deadline of December 10, 2017.
Fall 2017 Volunteer Hours Reimbursement Request Deadline is December 10, 2017
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU FILL OUT THE VOLUNTEER REIMBURSEMENT REQUEST FORM
- In order to submit the form, you will need to have already satisfied your volunteer service for the current season.
- Please have the dates, locations and number of hours of service performed when you complete the form as you will need to enter that information for any volunteer activity/role served other than being a team manager or Board member. Those will be the roles you sign up for on the club website through iVolunteer. To view total hours volunteered go to ivolunteer and click on "My Commitments" to login. Use the same email address you used when signing up to volunteer.
- You will need to submit one form per player per season if you would like to be reimbursed, donate that fee to MVLA or receive volunteer service credit hours required for financial aid.
- Volunteer hours will be verified by the Club Volunteer Coordinator, then provided to the club treasurer who will issue reimbursements, donation acknowledgements or annotate hours volunteered for financial aid recipients.
- Reimbursement requests for fall 2017 must be submitted no later than December 10, 2017.
Note: If you have any questions about completing the form, please contact the volunteer coordinator prior to submitting at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forms cannot be edited once submitted. Forms that are incomplete or do not contain approved volunteer roles will not be processed. Approved volunteer roles are those for which sign up opportunities are available through iVolunteer, approved team manager roles or other designated club-wide roles.
Report Field/Equipment Issues
Use the Field and Equipment Submission form for reporting field, game equipment and practice equipment issues at MVLA permitted fields.
To find the status or resolution of your reported field and/or equipment issue, see the response sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1meYFT620FnAx9vmMKFNxmxwGTPvsk9scBQCGuJE5uY0/edit?usp=sharing