Fall 2018 Fees
As one of the elite soccer clubs in California, MVLA is proud to offer some of the most competitive fees in the area. That combined with our Financial Aid program helps us deliver on our commitment to make competitive soccer accessible to our community.
During each season, we expect our members to make required club and team payments for players to be up to date and eligible. We are working hard to consolidate all fees into club fees over the next few seasons to simplify payments for our families.
Club fees mainly cover membership, coaching, technical development, referees, fields, etc... and varies for each team based on their competitive level and age group. Club fees cover these specific areas
- MVLA Registration
- Staff Passes (Coach and Managers) US Club & Cal North
- Insurance for operations
- Coaching fees (All trainings, league games, scrimmages, tournaments/showcases, etc)
- Field fees
- Technical staff fees
- Referee fees for 6 home games per season
- Club curriculum
- Club development
- Club administration
- Player passes (US Club & Cal North)
- Hiring, educating and mentoring coaches
- College placement when applicable
- Coaches meetings rental space
- Website maintenance and technology services
Team fees generally cover leagues, tournaments, travel cost for coaches, etc… Team fees are usually paid by team managers and everyone on the team is required to reimburse them in a timely manner. Please keep in mind team managers are volunteers and they shouldn't have to pay out of their pocket. Team fees often cover these specific areas
- Tournament/Showcases and State Cup Entrance fees
- League entry fees
- Coaching traveling expenses for tournaments
- Referee fees for more than 6 home games (if you are playing 2 leagues or NorCal State Cup)
Volunteer fee: MVLA is a volunteer based, non-profit entity. We rely on our parent volunteers to manage this organization of 40 coaches, 87 teams, and 1200+ players. Every family is required to contribute 6 volunteer hours a season (per player). We understand the difficulties of contributing time for some families so we offer a buy-out option.
For $100 per player, you can fulfill this obligation. For Fall 2018 we are adding this $100 volunteer fee to every player's balance during registration. At the end of the season, people who contributed 6 hours will be reimbursed. All members will receive communication about volunteer opportunities and reimbursement instructions throughout the season.
For returning families who met the spring 2018 volunteer hours and submitted a request for reimbursement, that fee will be credited at the time of fall registration.
See Volunteer Program Update document for more information.